"Arbis is at the same time an alternative and a complement to the monovarietals."
Ã¢â¬ÅArbisÃ¢â¬Â is an ancient name for a young wine which peaks the language of flowers and aromatic herbs, and in fact in Friulan the name means Ã¢â¬ËherbsÃ¢â¬â¢. The choice of the word is the simplest way to describe how we grow it, in a vineyard with a covering of wild grasses and herbs. Grass cover, cut back periodically, is a way to mitigate the effects of the mono-culture typical of todayÃ¢â¬â¢s specialised vineyards and above all to contain the vigour of the vine. Arbis is at the same time an alternative and a complement to the monovarietals, an expression of the mutual diversity of the varieties which compose it but also the splendid unity they create in the wine.
- The cru site Ã¢â¬ÅSan LeonardoÃ¢â¬Âin the village of CormÃÂ²ns.
- Separate harvesting and crushing followed by blending of the musts which then ferment together, creating integration and balance of the component varieties.
- Grape varieties
- Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco and Friulano in percentages which vary from year to year.
- Tasting note
- Nose: varietal characters enriched by more complex aromas with notes of wild flowers and aromatic herbs and a finish which recalls acacia honey. Palate: rich and concentrated structure, but at the same time with inviting drinkability. Soft with great volume on the palate and elegant contrast between the buttery character and underlying mineral quality. Appearance: straw yellow.
- Food matches
- A natural match for appetisers, soups and first courses, especially rice and pasta. Also excellent with shellfish and fish in general.
- Serving temperature
- 12-14 ÃÂ°C
Orders and dealers
For orders or inquiries about your nearest BsD dealer call us at +39 0481 60552 or send an e-mail at email@example.com.