"To enjoy at table or all by itself, in moments of peace and tranquility."
The plot of land in which our merlot, cabernet franc and cabernet sauvignon vines have grown for over 40 years has always been known by this name. The grapes hang on the vine until well into autumn for a late harvest followed by a traditional-style red wine vinification. The must ferments with the skins for three weeks and then, before the fermentation has completely finished, it is transferred into small French oak barrels. It is this passage that gives softness to the wine, the perfect balance and integration of the oak. Gortmarin has an underplayed style which favours elegance but it has a depth and a complexity which unfolds with the passing of time. And in fact, thanks to its balance, this is a wine made to evolve over the long term, maintaining its varietal character and acquiring a pot-pourri of aromas of spices and dried flowers. To enjoy at table or all by itself, in moments of peace and tranquility.
- The cru site “Gortmarin”, in the village of Cormòns.
- Late harvested grapes, fermented with the skins for 20-25 days and before completion of the fermentation transferred for ageing into French barriques, one third of which are new every year.
- Grape varieties
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc in percentages which vary from year to year.
- Tasting note
- Nose: expresses the varietal characters of the cuvèe, together with notes of oak and dried flowers. Palate: round and balanced with great integration of the oak and a finish of spices and wild berries. Appearance: ruby with violet edges.
- Food matches
- A red wine for savoury meat dishes, or to enjoy on its own.
- Serving temperature
- 18-20 °C
Orders and dealers
For orders or inquiries about your nearest BsD dealer call us at +39 0481 60552 or send an e-mail at email@example.com.